New Life Recovery and Training Center
3501 Edison Hwy
Bakersfield, CA 93307
(661) 366 - 8003
- There are currently no upcoming events.
Transitional Housing and Vocational Training Center
Our program, located in Bakersfield, CA, is a joint venture between DOD Construction Company and the New Life Recovery and Training Center (NLRTC), a non-profit corporation. Our goal is to provide residential services in a safe, supportive, and drug-free environment where at-risk young males between 18 and 25 years can receive vocational training and life skills development to help them become self-sufficient, fully functioning adults and contributing citizens. We are also a gang-prevetion partner in Project 180.
New Life Construction Training Program
The Construction Training Program is a community partnership sponsored by NLRTC and DOD Construction Company with funding from the Kern County Department of Human Services. It is designed to prepare students for the work environment with a combination of classroom training, field training and hands-on experience. Graduates of the program receive six months of training and employment preparation which includes:
- Enrolling in the accredited "Construction Technology Course" — students receive up to 12 college units
- Participating in a variety of "hands-on" training activities on actual construction sites
- Acquiring multiple occupational certificates
- Participating in community service projects
Students may be eligible to receive financial aid while they participate in the program.